This is not my usual type of post but in light of the Coronavirus Covid-19 Pandemic I was thinking how can I help. But first I want to talk about what you have to do if you have or are facing this unfortunate dilemma of being made redundant.
- First and by all means you need to sit your self down and compose yourself and get out a pen and pad. Write down all out outgoings down to the nitty griity and do not leave anything out.
- Contact your local authority and sign yourself on for income support and housing benefit, you need to do this in order to survive.
- Contact all your creditors and write them a letter asking for extended time to pay your loans, credit cards etc. You can even arrange a payment plan. They will be happy with your honesty and grateful to get the money even if it means it may take a while longer to pay back. Do not ignore this and hope it will sort itself out or go away. By ignoring it you will find extra charges being put on to a debt you are already trying to pay off. It is better to grab the bull by its horns and tell them the truth, they will then cap your debt so no extra charges will be put on providing you keep to your side of the agreement.
- Start thinking of what you wish to do next, do you want to work for someone or do you want to be your own boss? If you choose to be self employed you must inform HMRC straight away and see what benefits you are entitled to whilst you get your feet off the ground. There is help out there but you need to do the research. I know that tax credits are going over to Universal Credit so you need to find out what you are entitled to? I know you can claim housing benefit and council tax but again you must inform them you are self employed.
- If you chose to be self employed you need the motivation and determination to succeed. Do you research and if you already have a hobby you would like to turn into a business then you are already half way there.
- Write a Business Plan. Write down all your outgoings and how much it will cost to run your business then calculate what money you have saved or is coming in.
- Secure a website business is not going to happen overnight so you need to start advertising and securing your global positioning immediately.
Accounting or Bookkeeping,
Antique Dealer (Buy antiques online and Sell online),
Artist (Painting, Drawing),
Author, (write fiction or childrens books or write books for other people, you could even be a copywriter),
Baking / Cooking (Make handmade confectionary, bake cakes, cup-cakes and brownies, specialist pies or make homemade jams – you could even make your own beauty products),
Blogger/Vlogger, (You can be an affiliate marketer whilst writing or videoing, tutorials or testing products).
Broker (Domain, Finance or Insurance get a commission for each product you sell),
Buying and Selling (Dropship),
Cleaning (Offices or Windows),
Comedian (Start your own channel and market yourself),
Customer or Tech Support,
Editing or Proofreading (Editing Photos & Videos and reading work for errors),
Freelance Web/Graphic Designer,
Furniture Upcycling (Refurbish Furniture),
Home Staging (For Property Sales),
Make Money with Your Garden (Grow Profitable Plants),
Professional Speaker (Create your own video channel),
Social Media Consultant,
Tutor (Private Lessons Online),
So now that I have covered the majority of things you need to do, we have taken the desicion to help people get back on their feet.
Without a website how can you draw business your way without spending loads of money on expensive adverising?
Therefore we are offering 3 months worth of website hosting, seo and marketing to include an e-commerce store should you wish to do dropshipping. We will help you with business plans and teach you how to dropship.
We will market you free of charge and design a professional responsive website.
We will guide you all the way so that you never have to go through being made redundant again.
Finally should you choose to go down this route, you will be helping to boost the economy. After all without business the economy will just crash….. Be Your Own Boss!
Most of the jobs I have named above need little or no contact with other people physically, most of the businesses I have listed can be run virtually with a payment gateway so that people can just pay you through an app or a website. No need to handle money.
Finally if you need legal representation because your employer has not paid you what you are entitled to or if you are planning to sort out your estate and need a last will and testament then the following solicitor in Cardiff, UK: www.duddenlaw.co.uk is highly recommended. There is nothing morbid about doing a last will and testament even I have one and it is the most responsible thing to do especially in our current climate.
So as I sign off I just wish to say “Stay Safe”, “Stay Positive” and “Stay Home” !